Thursday, September 02, 2004

Purchases

I made a purchase today. I GOT A NEW MOBILE!!!! Yeaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Its a Nokia clam shell (the latest). It was a long time in the offing, actually. My last mobile was gradually breaking down, losing signals, going off the network for no apparent reason. So I had to get a new one. The new one is a camera phone, and also a video phone, though I can record only 20 seconds worth of stuff on it. And it cont me a bomb. 1,300 bucks. My finances are looking weak. And if that is not enough, I have planned some heavy expenditure for this month. First, I am planning to buy a comp, a laptop, preferably. Scanners are going pretty cheap, and I do need to upload some pics. And the laptop will also be needed to build Tin's website. Fortunately, there is a back-to-school sale going on right now, so I think I will get a good deal on comps. Was also planning to buy a printer, but am not to sure, since I don't think I will be printing anything. And yes, the PS2 is going for 675. Might just buy it, but am in two minds. You see, if I have a comp, then I don't really need the PS2, since comp gaming is powergaming. And console gaming is, well, console gaming. But I have lusted for the console for so long (more than two years), and now that it seems attainable, I have doubts. And yes, another plus point is that some cool titles like 'The Getaway' for the PS2 are also going on sale. That's a big bonus. Lets see...

Another new thingy... I had some spoilt milk sitting in the refrigerator, so today I made doodh ka halwa. I am getting adventurous, yeah!!

Jason Bourne Moment of the Day: As I was paying for the mobile, the lady at the reception suddenly asked,'Are you Filipino?'. I flipped,'Noooooo, I am an Indian. Don't I look like one?'
On a more contemplative note, Who Am I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deep,
Congrats on ur new mobile!Pinky left yesterday for abad and I am Travelling to Bangalore today....will reach on Sunday afternoon (groan!)...Anyway, how about if I try and get u a Dell laptop at employee rates....Lemme check out the options once I join and will email you....
Take care!
and Happy Independence day!
Roopesh