Saturday, September 04, 2004

Low on vitamin M

Yikes!!! I checked my account yesterday, and discovered that my finances are running a little low. Now readers, don't panic. I have enough to last for an entire year. Its just that I had go to used to seeing my finances swell up on a monthly basis when I was living with Papaji and Mummyji, that the negative effect that living alone has on them is a little hard to swallow. And this month's expenditures were a necessary - a mobile phone. But that's all it took for me to go into a shock. What's that line, 'Ek machchar...'??? Looks like the laptop and the PS2 will have to wait...

Moving on,
"LOl stumbled on ya site by a common friend been reading its hilarious the color combi r kool go on pen ya script u r prompting many others to do Imitating is the best compliment u can ever get

cHEerS Angel"


I don't know who this guy is, but I will say, I have been blessed by an angel. *sniff sniff*

Oh, and there is another thing that I usually forget to blog. Remember, how I blogged once that everyday, one of your wishes does come true. Well, it happened to me two days ago. AND HOW!!! Read on...
See, two days ago, after returning from office, I wondered to myself,'Hmm, its been a long time since I saw a Mithun-da film'. Now, believe me, readers, this was not exactly a wish, but merely thinking out loud.
So anyways, I decide to watch the Saurabh Shukla directed flick, Mudda. After rewinding the tape, I turn on the TV, and yes, you guessed it right, A MITHUN FILM IS PLAYING ON TV!!! It was a perfect 80s film, starring Mithun, Dimple Kapadia and Mandakini. Arrrrrgh, the agony, the torture of watching the film!!!$%$&%^&%^**^&*^&*^. imdb informs me that the name of the film is 'Pyar Ke Naam Qurbaan', and that it was released in 1990. I think they have got it wrong about the release year. But who cares. The moral of the story, if you must know, is:

[solemn voice]Be careful what you wish for, for it may come true[/solemn voice]

Another thing, yesterday, I went to a restaurant with my colleague A again. He was in the mood for Indian cuisine again. So I had a repeat performance of "Indian cuisine goooood!!" again. And he was fascinated by the Nepali waitress there, insisting that she was Burmese. How he came to that conclusion, I don't know. So I called her over and asked her. She clarified that she was Nepali, and he was silent after that. On her part, the waitress was very gracious about the whole thing. And A paid, though I had to chip in some money cos he was short of cash. Boo hoo, my standing offer for dinner in a French restaurant goes up in a tandoori flame, boo hoo!!

No comments: