Sunday, August 15, 2004

A VERY HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

A VERY HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE!!!

Though, as Bachi Karkaria asks in Lies, damned lies and stereotypes, what does freedom mean, are we really free? BTW, I love her writing. Shes got one hell of a command over the language.
The radio has been palying desh bhakti songs from morning. In fact, I got tired of listening to 'mere desh ki dharti' all morning!! But then, they played 'yeh desh hai veer jawanon ka', and I was instantly transported to my college days, when me and my friends used to really groove over the song. In fact, it was the numero uno desh bhakti song of our college.
But fear not, the nightmare is over. I passed out of college long ago (I don't count the years cos then I will realize that I am not GenX anymore).
Spiderman 2 has not been released till now. I asked the usher at the theater and he said that it will be, in a fortnight. I am waiting. In the meantime, Elf has been released, and I am in two minds whether to go and watch it or not. Will Farrel is funny, but a Christmas fare in the middle of a 45 degrees summer is not really tempting. Lets see....

No comments: