Monday, August 30, 2004

HAPPY RAKSHA BANDHAN!!!

This pics makes me nostalgic (image copyright of amarujala, please don't sue).....



I really like the Raksha Bandhan festival. Not exactly religious, more of a cultural festival...

Anyways, on to the good news - I FINALLY GOT A GMAIL ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double yeahs! And its all thanks to injinuity. Thanks a ton, pal. So now, I am in the company of a geeks. He he he. I don't know why you don't like the gmail, buddy, its lightning fast, and pretty much no-nonsense.

And now, about the dinner last night with my colleague A. We went to Welcome, and he completely enjoyed it there. He is a Mauritanian who lives in France. And he cannot speak English for nuts! And I have Arabic problems. So just imagine the evening if you must. This was not 'lost in translation', it was more like 'shipwrecked in translation'. He would occasionally say,'Indian cuisine good!' and I for the first few times agreed with him. Afterwards, it got so damn irritating that I had half the mind to say,'I know, now shut up and eat your food'. And oh yes, I paid. It seemed only rational, since I was taking him to the restaurant, the I should pay. And now, as a result, I have a standing invitation from him to a French restaurant in the City Center. Maybe next week...
During the course of the meal, I learnt quite a few things from him. For example, the best Arabic cuisine is the Moroccan cuisine, followed by the Lebanese cuisine. And Mauritanian cuisine is just dry roasted stuff.
Also, the most beautiful Arab women are the Persians/Iranians, followed by the Syrian and the Lebanese. Not that I can differentiate between, since all of them wear the black cloth over their faces. That got me thinking, how did he, or any other man for that matter, come to these conclusions? Hmmmm, the mystery deepens...
I am very happy with my Maqbool purchase. Its a really good score.

Cool Site of the Day: is the gusty gourmet. This guy has loads of recepies from all over the world. I have been meaning t ocook something good for myself, other than Indian, but I always get stuck at the ingredients. I have been searching for japaleno peppers, but no one seems to know where ot get them.

No comments: