Friday, August 27, 2004

Its been an interesting day today. First off, I get to hear shrill voices from aunty to uncle,'Koi zaroorat nahin hai, hamare bachchon ko kuch dene ki.' And then later,'Hamare bachchon ne kabhi kuch kiya hia hamare liye? Hamesha hum hi unke liye sab kuch karte hain.'.
And I thought such talks only took place in our famliy!! A few days back, I was talking to Melvin, and he mention the same thing, only this time, his father was telling him about the children today. In fact, it's so commonplace (it seems, now), that I have decided to give it a name, the Baghban Effect. Its when parents grow old, they start feeling insecure about their kids (and going by the reports one reads inthe newspapers, I am not too surprised). But common, are we like those??? Huh, are we?? I personally take that as an insult. And its all the movie's fault. Even Melvin was cursing the movie saying that after watching it, his father gave him a big lecture. Anyways, so now that I have named the phenomenon, more studies need to be done on it. Gonna apply for a federal grant soon.
Second interesting thing of the day is, I wore a kurta to office today, and I have been getting compliments all day!! Its a superhit here!! First a colleague calls me a Maharajah, and then he bows down to me!! This is simply groooooovy. [simon & Garfunkle]I'm feelin' groooovvyyyyyyy. Ta da li da da da, feelin' groooovvyyy[/Simon & Garfunkle]
And yes, yesterday night, as I was cruising at 1 in the night, I had a flat tire. #$%@^#$%#$@#$@#$#. And to top it, the jack in my Accent requires some weird assembly to get it working properly. Spent 40 minutes just to change the tire, was too tired to continue curising, so went home and was dead for 8 straight hours.

Interesting Observation From a Third Person: So I go to this shop, Cizzano, for a cinnamon roll. I am in the habit of going there practically daily, so the people there know me by face. This day, the girl at the counter, as she is making hte bill, tries some small talk:

Girl: Where are you from?
Me: India
G: Oh
M: (after a short pause) Don't I look like an Indian?
G: No
M: Really, what do I look like, then?
G: (after some time)Hmmmm, Egypt.
M: WHA?????????

That left me dazed. Now I believe, there is something wrong with my face. Is it? IS IT????

No comments: