Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Teri-yaki, Meri-yaki

Jaate the Japan, pahunch gaye Cheen, samajh gaye na? Well, this is what happened to me yesterday. After office, I decided to go on a tandoori chicken hunt. I search and searched and searched, but I could not find the King Kebab (or is it Kebab King?) restaurant that served those delicious tandoori chickens and the roomali rotis. So finally I make my way to the Landmark mall, and go on to the food court there, just to check it out. And there I found a Japanese fast food outlet. So I ended up having a Chicken Teriyaki instead!!
A word about Teriyaki. Its a lot like the bhaaji-pav of A'bad (preparation-wise). But it does not use oil in its cooking at all. Instead, water and soya sauce are used. And it all done on a large open plate, which makes it similar to bhaji-pav preparation. That is the Teriyaki style.
The food was good!! A little on the expensive side, though (one plate of noodles, veggies and chicken cost 20 bucks). The best part about it, was the hot sauce. Man, when I say hot, it was really HOT. In fact, I think I will go there again SOME DAY. Not too soon though, must not spoil a good thing.

No comments: