Wednesday, August 11, 2004

More 'Useless' Purchases

Quote:
"I know why your tummy has not decreased its because , the fat from your arms have melted down to your stomach "


This has got to be the funniest reason ever :)!!! Jiji, fat does not melt and flow to other parts of your body!! And for the record, I never had any fat on my arms to begin with! My tummy is because of me sitting for the better part of the day, whether in office or in my room, of lying down on my bed. And to get rid of it, I don't do push up, rather, I do sit ups. And I did do some today, and my tummy ached!! Its responding favorably, I say.
so three new exercises added to my routine today. All three deal with my arms and shoulders. Looks like the instructor thinks that since I am lean, I don't need to do any fat reducing exercise, and jump straight to body building. But by the time I got around to doing the three exercises, I could not even lift my arm. I barely managed to do those. In fact, I did less that I was asked to do. But that's ok, I will pick up eventually.
Moving on, yesterday, I made the mistake of going to Lulu Hypermarket, and you know what happens when one goes to such places. That's right, the wallet mysteriously opens up. And as a result, I now have four more items in my 'not really needed list'. They are four CDs that I purchased. Eric Clapton & the Yardbirds, Ray Charles, Bob Marley, and Jimi Hendrix. The catch, in all of these, was that they were 'budget CDs' (read those CDs that we are not able to sell, and just want to get rid of). The sore one in this is obviously Jimi Hendrix, since I have never heard any of his songs. I am only aware of his reputation as a guitarist. And since I have a guitar lying in my room, I thought that I may be inspired to take it up after listening to him. But there is a slight fault in my plan - I DON'T HAVE A CD PLAYER!!
That's right, I have an audio player, and have not bought a CD player. And another point that I must mention is, I only listen to my car radio. No music in my room.
so how's that for a total waste of money?
But I beg to differ. I may not be able to listen to them right now, But I am sure I will enjoy them once I travel to India. Or when I am again under the spell and open my wallet for a CD player. But rest assured that it is a remote possibility, since I rarely venture into any electronic shop. I am not THAT stupid.
On the interesting developments front, I think there is some sort of a sibling rivalry going on in the Srivastav household. Today morning, as I was leaving for the gym, I overheard uncle and aunty talking about their kids. Aunty said some thing about her daughters telling her that 'Bhibek is a little badmash'. So, from what I can gather, it concerns Bhibhek, Simiji, and probably Bhibhek's wife. Uncle and Aunty are just pushed into it for no fault of theirs. And as I was leaving via the main door, they immediately stopped discussing whatever they were discussing and were all smiles.
and let me just declare here, for all the enquiring minds concerned, that I will not probe into the matter further. And neither should Chickoo, via Bhibhek's wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The word for your lifestyle is a Horizontal lifestyle :-)
I should know since i also lead one....
Roopesh