Saturday, August 14, 2004

Trip

So now, I have another visitor on my blog....Jijaji!! Hmm, I never thought that my blog would be noticed in the first place!!
Yesterday, I cruised till late in the night, right after office. A meal of a Nepolitan Pizza and Pepsi, followed by nearly two hours of driving. I visited Al Khor. The road connecting Doha and Al Khor has been recently built, and it was a real pleasure!! I maintained a steady speed of 100 on the empty road. The radio played some fast dance music to help. Reached Al Khor at around 12:30, and just cruised around. The entire town was asleep, and I had trouble finding an open grocery store for a bottle of water!! In fact, the clean and empty streets of Al Khor gave me the impression that it was a ghost town. But then a mallu passed by, hitching up his mini lungi, and my faith in humanity was restored :)
Of this drive, I have to mention the wind. The desert wind. While Doha was sweltering even in the night, the highway wsa really cool, what with the open spaces and all. I didn't need to use my car AC at all.
I again visited Al Khor today morning, cruising at just 60. And I must say, this drive was more fun than burning rubber at 100. The air was hot as hell, and I had to turn on the car AC at full blast, but there was a certain smooth rhythm to the car. Plus, the radio was playing some nice slow tracks.
Ah, I proclaim again, I LOVE THE CAR RADIO!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Besharam..Nalayaak! You have a dinner of Pizza and pepsi and the complain that u are getting fat :-)....I hope u are working out as well...
Roopesh