Monday, August 23, 2004

CENTURY!!!!

Injinuity has rightly reminded me that I have scored a century in blog posting......YEAAAAAHHH!!!!!! So how many more till I get a GMail account?
Moving on, yesterday I finally saw Fida. My opinion? It's a totally paisa vasool movie! The director has tried to make this one a very dark noir, and succeeds to a certain extent. There are no redeemable characters in this movie, each is out for their own selfish reasons. The hero-heroine-villian formula has been taken on its head, and given a vigourous shake by Ken Ghosh. Commendable job, dude. You really aren't rooting for any particualr person in this movie, and that keeps the movie chugging, as one decides on what twists the story will take. And yes, Shahid Kapoor, the 'leading man' in the film, keeps getting bashed up by FArdeen Khan who 'has shades of negative' in this film. Shahid Kapoor is quite convincing as a love-sick puppy, but he needs to get some tutions from his dad on the intense scenes. And then, there is the part about he song, 'Aaja va mahi, lets do balle balle'. I walked out of the theater the moment the song began, but it didn't help, cos the sound system was really loud. So, in the end, I ended up covering my ears outside the cinema hall t oavoid this song. MAN I HATE THIS SONG!!!
And now, for some good news. Raghu Romeo has been released on video, and I hope to see it soon. In the mean time, I have bought Lakeer, Bardasht and Mudda. I took Lakeer jsut for teh heck of it, Bardasht is supposed to be a pretty good movie, hte action scenes are good, it seems. And my reason for bringing Mudda is solely because it has been scripted by Saurabh Shukla, who also scripted Satya. Also, George Thomas gave it an ok rating.
And now, anotehr good news. I discovered a small restaurant near Souq al Jabor, that serves Far Eastern cuisine like Sushi!! I had been wanting to tryout sushi for a long time, but the only place that I know of where they served sushi was in the Ramada hotel, which would haave cost a bomb. The new restaurant is pretty small, so it should be reasonale. Will try it.

No comments: