Thursday, August 05, 2004

Day Two

Day two of gymming, and I can't even lift my arm. I am that sore. Maybe I am not doing the routine correctly, but my instructor showed me how to do it, and I am doing exactly as he asked me to. But damn, my muscles ache!! Looks like I have been concnetrating on my back muscles, and because of that, I cannot band backwards. I am already losing some of my flexibility. Sob sob :'(
Moving on, I never really like Paki-pop. I can't stand 'purani jeans aur guitar', 'sar ki hai bahaar', 'Sayionee' or any other songs from the Pak scene (ok, I make an exception to 'hawa hawa' by Hasan Jehangir - remember him?? But I was too young to have a credible music taste then!!). I want especially single out 'Sayionee' by Junoon. Not only do I not like it (in fact, I hate it), but bring Neelkanth near a guitar, and you can bet your life that he will start singing that song. And just imagine Neelu's thin voice going 'Sayioneeeeeeeeeee'!!
But today, I eat a humble pie. The reason? 'Dhaani' by Strings. I have hread it online, and man, they are really good on this one. The entire album is amazing, the only exception being 'chaaye chaaye', which is just ok. But the album, as a whole, is worth buying. In fact, I think I will buy it when I visit India. Strings have shown maturity with this album, and the sound, the orchestrations are really well arranged. This is the direction in which Indipop should be headed. but what do we get? Remixes after remixes. The only Indian pop band that comes close to their level of music is Euphoria. I like them, but they have begun to sound a little repetitive. And then there's Lucky Ali. His last album was not good, but his latest album seems to be a return to form, from what I have heard so far. But Strings just leave both of them far behind with their latest album.
The Pakis have stolen the march on this one.

No comments: