Saturday, August 28, 2004

HAPPY ONAM!!!

A HAPPY ONAM TO ALL MY READERS!!!

Today, I spent the entire morning in my car, just cruisin' and listenin' to the radio. And ok selection of songs,it played. Went from Doha to Messaid via the Airport road, then back via the Salwa road, with a very brief stopover at the beach there. The weather was hot, but the beach was fabulous. Picture, if you can, a giant canvass of deep blue, sky blue, an almost whitish brown and some dark bits. And now put in your own shadow play in it, and you have a rough idea of the sight that greeted me on my visit there.
Later, I went to Welcome restaurant to have the 'Onam Sadhya', which was quite good. Ten bucks for the buffet, and I ate, I ate, I ate, I ate and I ate. How much did I eat, Let me put it this way, the toilets in Welcome are really spacious. I did have to leave the payasam half eaten, though. I feel sad about it.
No work at he office today, so its just eight straight hours of sitting on my chair....ok, so I did go for a spin in the evening, but that doesn't count. Listened to the song 'Ru Ba Ru' from Maqbool. A real gem. I am recommending the song once again to everyone. Another song I have recently discovered, is 'aawarapan, banjaarapan' from the Bipasha Basu movie whose name I can't remember (not that I want to!!).
And yes, my cell is sying, so a new one is in order. In fact, in the next month, there will be some massive spendings on my part.

No comments: