Friday, August 06, 2004

Still It Pains

No gym today on account of it being Friday, but no relief for me. My muscles still feel crampy. In fact, I had a very disturbed sleep last night. And today, while in office, the pain got so unbearable, that I had to go out and buy something for muscle cramps. So, now, in addition to building my body, I am also on medication for my sore muscles. But I understand, 'cos the first days of exertion are always excrutiating. Give it a week, and it will pass.
Moving on, today, I went to the souq after a really long time to buy some shoe laces, and was reminded how wonderful a place it is. Especially on a Friday, when people come here to buy stuff. In fact, the kind of variety on display there is enough to boggle ones mind. Compare that to your regular mall, which display limited stuff, but really well. And by limited stuff, I mean the fact that they don't keep shoe laces! And also limited t-shirts. The prices are a murder, though. I am not good at the art of haggling, so there's every chance that I will be fleeced at these places.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi deep,
Maybe you are doing too much of gym. Why dont u try and ease into the routine instead of going there with a mission and cramping it out! I made the same mistake when I joined the gym at Pune earlier. But this gym instructor was good and eased me into the routine. Wait a minute, I think he was "too" good...I ended up lifting the same weights for the entire month I was there (Just kidding!) But what helped me was that I used to keep myself active instead of giving into the cramps.....
Pinky is fine.....I might not be able to make that trip to doha and the ticker might be wasted :-( (No leave at Dell)...
Bye

Anonymous said...

Another thing that could REALLY help you is swimming. Its fun, painless and you can laze as much as you want! Try and join Cabana (No, I dont mean another round of shitting at the place!)