Tuesday, August 03, 2004

I Have Matured

Today, I made a concession to my long held beliefs - I joined a gym. You see, I firmly believe that gyms don't do you as much good as simple running for half an hour and a couple of push ups and sit up will do. But I am unble ot get up early in the mornings for my jog, and today, my back was aching due to the lack of exercise and bad sitting posture. 'Time to do something about it,' I told myself. And off I went, searching for a place where I can learn tennis. But sadly, there is no place that offers tennis coachings in the mornings, and evenings are not an option for me. So I had to settle for the second option, namely, join a gym.
So there, one more of my idealisms falls by the wayside. Is that what growing and maturity is all about, making concessions to all your beliefs, just to get on with your life? Whats more important, the means or the end?

No comments: