Saturday, October 16, 2004

Opinions Galore...

Its been two days since I put in my papers, and the response has been mixed. More so in the case of dad.
When he is sober, he says that I have made a big mistake, and that I have all to lose from this. But after downing the first peg, he does a complete turn around and says that he completely supports my decision!! Hmm. this is one of the moments when I prefer him sozzled!! (just joking, just joking, drinking bad, no good)
In the office, my colleague, S. was the first to know of my move. She says tht it is a good move, and told me that she wished she could do it herself. But, she reasons, since I am young, I can take those chances, not her (she's in her 40s, I think). Another colleague, R. too says that I made the right move. In fact, both him and S. opine that the entire office should put in their papers collectively, just to prove a point. I am deducing this as their way of saying,'Good move dude, very dumb'
Dumb is what injinuity called my move to yesterday, when we went to a marathon pool session (and oh yes, Jinu, you didn't win, I let you win ;)).
On my part, I don't feel it was a dumb move. Sure, I am aware of all the problems I will face when I relocate to India, and how I'll have a hard time initially. But that does not mean that I just stay put here. Nearly everyone is saying that I should first search for opportunities there. That I should first go ot India and start something there, and then quit here after one more year. Well, I tried that the last time I visited India, but I realised that its just not feasible. When ou start something, you must be tehr since its inception, to lead it properly. Coming back to your business after an year, and making changes in it will only put a spanner in the works then. Not good.
Incidently, another of my colleagues, a Lebanese girl, D. has put in her papers. She did it before me, and now will be leaving after a month. Looks like I am not the only idiot here...
In other news, Ramadan began today, and so did the Ramadan timings. I now work from 7:30 in the evening, till 3:30 in the morning. So its bye bye pool, bye bye night life. The only bright spot to this thing is that the office provides the food during Ramadan. Some snacks in the evening, and then a full meal at aruond 3 in the morning. I will skip the meal, though, cos its too filling at that time of the night. But I gorge on the snacks, though!! Yummmm...

No comments: