Sunday, October 17, 2004

Foggy Drive...

The entire city was covered in fog yesterday, and when I say fog, I mean the thickest fog I have seen. Visibility was down to two meters. Perfect for going out, I say, and I did!! I drove all around the town for nearly five hours!! That's right, from 3:30 am till 8:00 am, I was on the road, enjoying the fog. The Doha-Al Khor road was all the more enticing due to the extremely low visibility. At one point, the road lights were down, and I was driving at 80 km in total darkness. It felt like I was in one of those horror movies, with the light from my headlamp only illuminating the thick fog ahead of me. Any moment, a lady wearing complete white would emerge from the fog, singing a haunting melody!! From there, I went to the Umm Said beach. The beach was not visible, even from 10 meters away!!
Later, when I returned home, I realized that Papaji was building up a storm of his own!! He had gotten so worried, that he called up my office, Jinu and was going to call up Al Kaabi and going to the police station and also the handy General hospital!! When I came, he couldn't even talk, he was so bottled up with conflicting emotions!!
One good thing about the entire episode at home was when he said,'it's better you return home. You are living a bohemian lifestyle here.' So Papaji now supports my resigning!! But wait, he is implying that I should return cos I have been too free here...hmm, I think I'll stay here now. Or move to A'bad.
And oh yes, curse you, Jinu, for tell my dad I do these 'crazy things' sometimes. He now thinks that I live a totally bohemian lifestyle here, when the truth is, I am simply bored to death here.
I took a few photographs, and I am hoping they turn out good. But I would have preferred my SLR instead of my digicam. I just take better pictures with those. Will post those later.

No comments: