Thursday, July 08, 2004

A R Rahman

quote:
I think his score for Yuva is highly predictable. I like the songs but am sure will not like them after, say, a year or so...
:unquote

How very true, roopesh. Even I don't like his work in Yuva. In fact, I was planning to do a rant about it, espically the song, 'O yuva yuva, O yuva yuva', but words failed me, honestly, when I had to write. But frankly, 'Uski marzi' is catchy, though the appeal in the song is more for Adnan Sami's lazy vocals than for anything else.

quote:
Listen to Meenaxi instead. He sounds fresh there
:unquote

Bingo!! Exactly my thoughts. I have purchased the audio cassette of Meenaxi exactly for that reason. He seems to have found melody again there. Especially Noor-ul-allah. But I still reserve my judgement on the music pieces that he has done.

And 'sun le on janam' is one of the nightmare of me adolescence.

Moving on, something strange happened today. As I was getting into the elevator to my office, I ran into an old Qatari man I usually see here. By misteke, I uttered 'namaskar' instead of 'assalam alaykum'. But I suspect, the Qatari answered me with 'aamaa' (think mallu style)!! I am still dazed about it right now!!

No comments: