Saturday, July 24, 2004

I Rock!!

An anonymous comment today mentions that I am having having a great time here, and that in my Arab dress, I look like I am ready to launch a coup myself. Rest assured, that coup has already been launched, and is very successful, and now I am the KING OF DOHA!! Yeah, baby, I'm a livin' la vida loca!!
And let me make this clear, I like to think that the anonymous comment is not from my family, but from someone outside, who happened upon my blog and was impressed by it.
As for the 'fulaawar ki sabzi' (dang! Now I know its someone from my family!!), I always forget to mention how good a cook I have become. Now I can make killer dals, and sabzis. Right now, I am eating chauri ki sabzi and dal and khaboos, and I just can't resist praising myself on my cooking. I ROCK!!
Moving on, yesterday, I saw Shrek 2. Its an ok movie. Make no doubt, it is funny as hell, but then, having seen the first film, the second seems a little jaded. In the first movie, the emphasis was on story telling, while here, the major effort seems to have gone into generating laughs. And speaking of laughs, the funniest parts are the ones that belong to Puss 'N Boots. The animation is good, no doubt, but the freshness of the first film is lacking in this one. I think I laughed more spontaneously in Buffalo Soldiers than in Shrek 2. The movie spoofed to much, right from the Hollywood celebrity culture, to the Farbucks coffee, to the Burger Prince and the Versarchery shops, to the Mission Impossible soundtrack. More of these here. The previous movie largely contained itself to spoofing the fairytale characters, and largely, Disney movies.
This movie completes my movie watching spree for the week. Maybe next week, Spiderman 2 will be releasing. I will go and watch that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So congrats, you have finally graduated from "fulawar ki sabzi" -- by the way did you find about the noise from Sirivastav's house.
Meanwhile, tina has got all the tools and license to break everyone's teeth from Monday onwards.
Take care jiji

Anonymous said...

hey u write good.
keeep up with the stories.its really interesting we see it everyday.
and my the way
you rock!!!
signed
mary-kate and ashley olsen