Saturday, July 17, 2004

A little Adventure

For the past few days, I have been continously eating outside, lunch as well as dinner (I have ignored breakfast, because I wake up late in the mornings, and skip it just to work up an apetite for lunch). So yesterday after office, I decided to splurge a bit. My car in dire need of a wash, so I purchased a car sponge at the City Center. But what with the shopping festival going on, I got more into the spirit of things, and went ahead and purchased Coldplay album (pretty good), a Pet Shop Boys album (will be good, I hope) and a small remote control car (yeah, another childhood dream fulfilled!!).

Later, I was in a mood for Thai food, but the restaurants were closed, so I made way for Applebee's Neighborhood restaurant, where they are having a Far East food festival. The food (I had a Chinese chicken sizzler), was pretty good. In addition, I had the strawberry margerita, and a bottle of water. The final bill? 70 BUCKS!!! 70 riyals for a plate of chicken, a juice and a bottle of water.

What can I say, I learnt my lesson. Today, I ate at home. And I am enjoying the car. Vroooommmm!!!!

No comments: