Monday, November 15, 2004

Post Diwali...

So I am back after two days of holidays!!
Well, not really. I did not have a two-day holiday this time around. I had to come to office on both days to post some stories. And on Friday, I was in the office till 4 am.
So how was your Diwali? I had a prety hectic one. I got back from office at around 3:30 am, and went ot sleep at round 5:30 am. Woke up at 8:30, with the intention of doing some Diwali cleaning around the house, which didn't begin till around 11:30, cos I did not have the tools to do the cleaning, and also the inredients to make hte Diwali meal.
The Diwali meal was aloo-baingan rasedaar sabzi, bhindi ki sabzi, puri and kheer. Had great hopes riding on these. But like mummyji has said, when one makes a meal with a lot of expectation, it will get spoilt. The kheer turned out a little ok, but since the rice was old, I guess it did not become soft so easily. As for the veggies, I ran out of haldi powder, and had to put in garam masala and a curry masala that I found. this juut made the taste of the whole thing different. Different but interesting, and good.
The puris were a different matter altogether. They turned out to be a little hard. Hard, but good.
I had my lunch at 6:30 pm!! And after that, just I was getting ready to catch some sleep at around 8:30, my phone rings, and I have to go to office 'cos we had two stories to upload. Some Diwali this!!
I was in the office till 4 in the morning, and went ot sleep at 6:30...only to wake up at 5:30 om!!Yes, I slept all through Eid!! Only to be called at the office again at 8 for a story to be uploaded.
Did manage to catch some pool with Jinu till 2:30 am, and then back home. After that, I couldn't sleep, and its been nearly 28 hours since I slept!! and the funny part is, I still don't feel too sleepy. Maybe all those cups of coffee that I had are starting to have their effect!! I am just two hours away from ending my shift, and I cant wait to go to sleep. This will be one long, deep sleep, I think.

No comments: