Thursday, November 11, 2004

Culinary Adventures...

A new Culinary adventure today. I made chicken!! Yes, my first attempt at a non-veg dish. And I must say, I did manage to ace it t osome extent. Here's the low-down on it:

* I goofed up during the cutting of chicken. Cut it up into large pieces. And also, ill shaped ones. The result was that a lot of meat was thrown away, as I could not cut it up properly.

* I used too much oil. To begin with, the quantity was ok, but afterwards, I just added a little more, and then it became a lot.

* Due to a lack of a mixer grinder in the house, I could not make a paste of all spices, and had to add the onions, garlic and ginger in small pieces. As a result, the taste was not uniform throughout.

* I forgot to marinate the chicken. Because of that, I had to let it burn ofr a little longer, just to make it tender.

All these being taken into account, I am pretty pleased with the final outcome. By being harsh and stingy with points on myself, I give myself 6.5 out of 10 for the effort. The next effort will be dealt with more thoroughly, and with more preparation.

Moving on, my office treated us with chocolates today. Rather, they kept a box of chocolates with nuts in them for us to eat. The chocolates were the expensive ones, and good. I had those with tea, and believe me, tea and chocolates is a very good combo. Someday I'll try coffee and chocolates.

No comments: