Saturday, January 14, 2006

Weather and Gaming...

The weather in B'lore baffles me. Where I stay, its usually warm to hot. I sleep with the fan on. But I go a little towards Koramangle, which is south, I think, and it starts getting colder. My friend tells me that its because Koramangle is the southern edge of the city, and beyond it is just wilderness, or at least lesser population. Hence the coldness there. I have to wear jackets while I'm there. But this extremes of weather is really baffling.
I have also become a member at two cybercafes, primarily to checkout the games that they have, namely, Reliance and Sify. Reliance, with all the backing of the Ambani fortunes, cannot run even a half-way decent cybercafe. It takes nearly two minutes to log into their system, and then there is the thing about the stiff keyboards, the bad ergonomics of the chairs, the bad speeds (broadband my foot!) and the extremely bad games. Its the usual ones, World of Warcraft, Halo, Need For Speed, etc, but they again take a long time to load. And didn't the person who choose the hardware know that the sleek LCD monitors are not yet ready for gaming yet?? and those small screens....
Now Sify, on the other hand, ave got quite a few things right. For one, their choice of games is moer than Reliance. And it is sorted under different genres, like racing, sports, action, strategy. And under each heading, there are more choices available. Also, the still use the bulky CRT monitors, which can offer better frame rates that the games require. Oh, and Sify is cheaper too...
So all in all, I would much rather spend my gaming money at Sify than at Reliance. Makes for a bette experience.

No comments: