Saturday, January 07, 2006

Caffaine Rush...

I have just discovered a new pleasure - coffee. Not just any coffee, but filter coffee. Let me elaborate.
I always associated coffee with Nescafe, that all pervasive band that has become synonymous with coffee. One can go into a restaurant and ask for nescafe. And that's what intrigued me. Why, I wondered, did people talking about how good coffee is, how it is better than tea any given day. It's just on taste, I thought, it doesn't change no matter how you make it, where you make. And joints like Starbucks and Barista did not help either. They sold a lifestyle more than coffee. Caffeinated, Decaf, low-fat, all the same. Boring. Yawn. I seriously thought coffee drinkers were loonies.
But that changed when I had my first Hazelnut coffee. I discovered that there was more to coffee than Nescafe. Like there was the strong black one which tasted unlike Nescafe.
And now, I have finally discovered what people mean when they talk about coffee, thanks to the tiny shops that line the CMH road in B'lore. Yes, coffee is best when it is filter coffee, the strong, bitter, supercaf concotion that wakes you up hard. Am really addicted.
But let me make it clear that I am not switching my loyalites over to coffee. I am a tea person and will remain one forever.

No comments: