Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ek Alkela Is Shehar Mein...

Ah, B'lore is slowly opening up to me. I trekked through the city today, covering MG Road, Brigades and Commercial street (or are they just different sections of a very big area? methinksso). I even managed to meet a few of my A'bad friends, colleagues whon I started out with. It was nice talking ot them.
But the best part, in my opinion, was a shop devoted solely ot megazines. Just rows upon rows of outdated and current Indian and foreign journals. I doubt such a store exists in Delhi, and lets not even begin to talk about A'bad, ok? Such niche shops are what makes a city, in my opinions. Not malls, not pubs, not big splashy MNCs, but stores that cater to a particular taste. The others are easily replicable, but shops like these require some drive, ome guts, to declare themselves as a niche place rather than a general place.
There were megazine on all topics, for all tastes. When I have a job and some money in my pocket, I will go and buy a few of those. A National Geographic about Saudi Arabia, a New scientists, and a few computer gaming mags.
Will Do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deep,

Welcome to Bangalore :-). I am sure you will enjoy it there as it is a very young and westernized city (as compared to Delhi which seems to be teeming with people above 50 :-))

Take care
Roopesh