Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Drastic Change...

My brother left for US today. Going to pursue further studies. I am proud of him. It takes guts to leave a steady career and go for a whole new career. I showed that guts when I chucked my job, and went solo to follow my dreams. But it takes a special kind of smarts to go about it in a planned manner. This is where my brother scores over me. While I am more of the impulsive kind, he keeps a sane head over his shoulders and takes informed decisions. I really believe that when god went about creating me and my brother, I was the version 1.0, and he is version 2.0. This is a career that he wanted for a long time, and he went about following his dreams step by step.

Step 1: Take inspiration from people around you.

Step 2: Learn as much about the trade as you can. Give it a critical look.

Step 3: Know the routes to achieve your dreams. Choose on the path you wish to take.

Step 4: Know the best places to learn you desired trade.

Step 5: Strive to get admitted to that place.

Step 6: Know that this will take time, so arrange to be in good resources till you achieve your dreams.

Step 7: Trust in God. Keep faith.

Step 8: If you you don't succeed, try again.

My brother really scored on the last step. I have learnt the valuable lesson of perseverance once again in my life. As I am writing this post, its been one hour since his plane left. He said he needed a drastic change in his life, and as I saw him off, I could sense his enthusiasm and his nervousness at the same time. I know this feeling and its a wonderful feeling. This is the way pioneers and entrepreneurs feel.

Right now, separated by time and space, I can only wish the best for him, and I know he will achieve what he dreams.

"
Me
"

1 comment:

TLZ said...

Take inspiration from people around you.Its what we 've learnt from you.