Saturday, September 19, 2009

Being Hungry...

The Navratris have begon, and I am fasting today. I wasn't intending to, but since everyone in the household it fasting, I had to join in, and I am glad I did. Foregoing food is not a nice feeling, but when you do it with family, it feels nice. A starving family is somehow a pious family...never figured that about religion till now. Anyways, for me the winter has started arriving. It begins with the mellow sun, advances to Dusshera, followed by Diwali, coming of cold, hot parathas, hot food, blankets, freezing floors. The last two I hate, hoping it gets over soon, but unfortunately, those two take the longest time. And then, its time for spring. It starts with Makar Shankranti, or Uttarayan as we call it in Gujarat. It then advances to warming of weather, bloom of colors, golden evenings, followed by Holi and then we are in the middle of summer. I have this theory that more than the seasons, its the change of seasons that excite us. When the seasons change, we start expecting things, new things. Daily life itself is boring, and when seasons change, its natures way of telling us that life is not boring, as long s you expect a bit of the same. Think about it, we expect the same things every year during the festivals, but it still makes us happy, expecting the same is strangely comforting.

Whoa!! My train of thought just changed multiple tracks, best I stop now.

Anyways, Wishing all of you Happy Navratris!!

3 comments:

the-sagittarian-blogger said...

Dont know about others, you surely seem all excited about winters, 2nd post talking about winters...

Though I also realised its approaching when yesterday I peeped out of window just next to my computer at about 7 in the evening and it was pitch dark outside. Change is here...

Sweety.

TLZ said...

You missed........ my tempting sesame chicken which was infact only prepared for you.

Rajesh said...

I did havea bite of the chicken, and regretted not being able to have more :-(