Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Life in Delhi...

The weather in Delhi nowadays is quite pleasant. Not too hot, not too cold. After the freezing cold of USA, I needed this. On top of that, theres a really cool breeze all day long. But people tell me this will change soon, probably towards the end of this month, after Holi ("Holi kab hai? Kab hai Holi KAB, KAB?"). But in the mean time, I'm enjoying it.
Yesterday being Shivratri, the atmosphere around Delhi was different, more festive. I am given to believe that Delhites are Shiv bhakts. But enjoy as I may, all the festivities, one thing does bug me, and that's the high numbers of places of worship here. Even where I like, there are three temples within walking distances of each other. A short walk away, and a Muslim dominated area, there are a number of masjids. There are even three churches of different denominstions where I live!! One would be given to believe that people here are very pious, but just look at the happenings around you, and you misconceptions are corrected. I feel that most outwardly pious people are the most un-Godly of them all. I say most 'cos a few are truly pious.
On to other things, the broadband here is good, but it's only available in the mornings, and it goes down in the evening, which is when I need it the most.

No comments: