Thursday, March 03, 2005

Back Again...

During my absence from posting, a lot has happened. First of all, I visited the US for an entire month. The trip was quite memorable, in that I visited New York, and Cincinnati and got a first hand perspective of life in the US. In the end, my opinion is that though life in US is quite laidback in comparison to India, it is still no match for the Gulf. The people here are very friendly, and eager to help. All in all, a very fine place. But there is one peeve that I have, at leat where NY is concerned. They have very few rest rooms there. During the week I was in NY, it snowed and rained alternately, and I was either sloshed or drained for the entire time. All this resulted in frequent calls from Mother Nature (“Maa, main aa raha hoon maa!!!”), and I was at a loss for where to go. Thankfully, the golden arches came to my rescue. The convenience of the McDonalds chains, along with the fact that they have restrooms was a big help. The only problem was that it was available only to the persons who purchased something there, which is understandable. So , I was forced to give up my self-imposed boycott of all the joint and order some chicken (to their credit, they were good) and then use their restrooms. At times like these, I missed the convenience of India, with the vast network of Sulabh Shauchalya in place. Score one for India. Go India!!!
Another peeve of mine was the cold….IT WAS MORE THAN FREEZING THERE!!! In fact, the chill of Doha was more then enough for me, and this was even worse. My ears and hands actually froze in the winter!! It’s a wonder that I did not catch frostbite.
The trip to the Statue of Liberty was quite memorable. It started out as a sunny day, but by the time I reached Battery Park, it was pouring. And the view I got the Lady Liberty was one in dreary surroundings, not in the bright sunlight that is always recommended. Will be posting the pictures soon.
The Brooklyn Bridge trip was good too. Hiked up and down, and enjoyed the view from both sides. The construction feat has to be admired, in my opinion.
In contrast, Cincinnati is a very quite town, where nothing much happens. Life moves at a very easy pace there.
Yeah, yeah, I know, this is a boring post. I’ll end it right here.
Will improve later.


Great News So Far:

A Google search for Sweet Demon puts my blog on the top.....Yeah!!!!!!!!!

No comments: