Monday, June 28, 2004

Some more things about Hemant

A correction. Hemant didn't die of brain tumor, but of brain hammerage.
Also, did I mention that he was a very lonely person? He always met evryone in a friendly manner, but I doubt if he had any real friends, like say, I have v-10 (for better or for worse, we stick by each other). I guess, in all the rush to earn money and a degree, he couldn't find time to make friends. He knew a lot of people, but I doubt if he had any real pals.
Hemant also wanted to own a mobile. When he was in doing his M.Phil, he got a second job that was more high paying than the other one. In his excitement, he told me that finally he could buy a mobile for himself!! At that time, AT&T were advertising how owning a mobile was cheaper than a cup of tea (cost of a cup of tea: Rs 2. Cost of making a call from a mobile: Rs 1.50). He never did own a mobile till theend, I suppose.
While he was doing his M.Phil, I in my inspirational mode, asked both him and Jemini to write poetries, tell them how it had a therupatic effect on person and how it helped people express themselves. I remember he came up with very dark and bleak poetry. Something that had to do with death, road, dead body, and how he will perish without anyone really knowing him. Which really makessense now, since he was practicaly living on the road, spending only a few hours at home to sleep. I was really amazed by his poetry. I wonder if I can get it now. Will try.
I will be writing more about him, as and when I remember it.

No comments: