Thursday, December 30, 2004

Last Day...

Today is my last day in office...nothing out of the ordianry, except that I will probably walk home, as there are no taxis available at one in the night. Reminds me of when I resigned from my first and second jobs - in both cases, I walked home, just 'cos I wanted to. In this case, it will be more of a necessity.
My last day in office, I had hoped, would be more introspective, with very little work. Instead, I am stuck here with a newbie, teaching him how the system works. Plus, I also am very tired as I haven't slept for the past 34 hours, which for everyones sake, is my new record of sleeplessness. My last day in Doha begins tomorrow, as Friday does not count because I will be travelling on that day. But surprisingly, I don't in any way feel emotional about it. The feeling is more like,'I'll be travelling on Friday'. No bye-bye Doha when I walk the streets. Maybe when the plane lifts off, I'll feel the pangs (main aisa kyon hoon??). In the mean time, I only want to sleep.

No comments: