Saturday, April 16, 2011

You're so 2000 late...

So I reconnected with a very old friend of mine, a chaddi-buddy, whom I haven't met or talked to in years. Such are the pleasures of Facebooking, your past catches up on you.
But thats not he point I am making here. We got talking and to my query about how he is, he replies' 'cool'! To put that line into context, let me tell you that the said friend is a small town guy, who was not conversant in English till the year 2005, when I last met him. Come 2011, and he is all 'cool-ed' up!! In fact, he also caption most of his photos as cool, which brings me to the conclusion that cool is the most uncool word now, from being uber hip, the word is now downgraded to ghati status. Everybody and their grandfather are using that word now.
So, to all the young people out there, stop saying you are cool, your fathers are probably cooler than you when they use that word. You need to come up with another word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I randomly found your page and yes you are so right. My boyfriend replied cool in a text message a few months ago and i was like wtf, No one says that anymore. It might just be that word to use when you don't really know what to say next. lol