Monday, February 06, 2006

Dilli Haat and Chandni Chowk...

It being sunday yesterday, we went to the Delhi festival yesterday at the Dilli Haat.
First things first, I like the concept of the Dilli Haat. It's one place where one can get the best of Delhi and also the whole of India (well, almost) at a reasonable price. Secondly, it is one place where the pace of Delhi changes from frantic to the laidback. one can walk around in peace, have some grub, and generall have a good time. But not yesterday.
Looks like, thinking on similar lines, half of Delhi descended at Dilli Haat. As a result, it was really crowded. There was hardly any place to walk. The only redeeming factor was the presence of the Chandni Chowk food stalls, serving spicy snacks...yummy!!

2 comments:

sinusoidally said...

I love Dilli Hatt. That place is amazing. I remember venturing into Chandni Chowk a few times during college days...

Anonymous said...

I am from Delhi and I sorely miss places like Dilli Haat though I am not so sure about Chandni Chowk. I am hoping to vist Dilli Haat on my trip to Delhi next week. Check out a coupld of picture of Dilli Haat I took during my last trip- a lampseller in a typical shop and the food court.